When it comes to the soft and supple skin of the newly born, almost all of us envy them! Unfortunately, it is very difficult to retain the softness after a month or so. This is because, before the birth of the child, they are protected by the aid of a white fluid substance, vernix. Vernix is composed of sebum (the oil which is generated by the skin; usually noticeable in individuals having oily skin) as well as fatty acids, which prevents the baby skin from being dry or wrinkled. As soon as the baby is born, it is no longer protected by the layer of vernix and thus, it becomes rough and dry with the passage of time.
Image Source: www.zazzle.com
It is practically impossible to keep your baby skin intact after birth. There are no skincare products in the world, which can be equally effective as the vernix. However, here are few ways by the aid of which you can ensure a silky smooth skin and avoid the chances of being affected by skin rashes:
- Bathing Tips: Bathing your baby on a daily basis is important, but do not let them sit or soak in the soap water for too long. Use lukewarm water, not only to prevent the cold but also keeping the skin hydrated. Instead of massaging them before the bath, consider the option of massaging them after the skin with a mild body oil or lotion. Because the skin pores tend to open up after a bath, it can retain the moisture for a long time.
Image Source: www.dreamstime.com
2. Measures against diaper rash: It is an undeniable fact, that diapers are saviors when it comes to travelling with your newly-born. However, it is very crucial to monitor the condition of the diaper after two hours (especially in the case of the just born ones). If wet, replace them immediately, clean the bottom thoroughly with a dry clean cloth or the wet baby tissues (do not rub it, instead pat gently ). Use a diaper cream or powder, preferably the ones with white zinc oxide before you put on a new diaper.
Image Source: www.shutterstock.com
3. Consider the skin products which are skin-friendly: Not all the expensive skin care products are free from harsh chemicals! Ingredients like lanolin, talk or fragrances, might smell wonderful, but might cause irritation to the skin. Seek the recommendation of the child specialist, if you are unable to figure out what suits you best. Similarly, it is equally important to opt for a mild detergent liquid for washing the baby clothes; and soak them in a few drops of mild disinfectant, before drying them. This is because, the clothes stay attached to the baby skin for a long time, and are often rubbed against the skin surface, resulting in friction. Furthermore, if the baby sweats, it affects the skin even more.
Image Source: www.dreamstime.com
4. Taking them out: It is important, to take your baby out of the house, but you should be careful about the shift in temperature. Make sure that the child is neither too hot nor too cold. At times, the bay might feel overheated (especially if they remain covered with heavy sweaters or winter wears), which results into the clogging of the pores and thereafter, an itchy skin. Thus, opt for lightweight clothes, which are of full sleeves and caps, and allow breathable layers, which can be removed when he feels uncomfortable. Always carry an umbrella to avoid exposing the baby skin into direct sunlight. After six- eight months, you may opt for a mild sunscreen lotion with the recommendation of the child specialist.
Image Source: www.largefamiliesonpurpose.com
5. Let your child stay naked for a while: Alongside ensuring that the right diaper size for your baby, it is also important to stay them naked at times. This will allow the baby skin to feel the fresh air. Apply the body lotion or cream and let them play without dressing.
Image Source: www.123rf.com
Follow these tips and you can be sure that your baby skin is silky smooth and rash free! Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy.
This post is sponsored by Pampers and Blogadda.